Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tin Grin


I just went to the orthodontist the other day, and for once it wasn't to take a child. This time, it was for me. Somehow, over the course of 35 years or so, my teeth shifted. This caused a problem with my bite. I mentioned it to my dentist (who is also exactly my age) and he said, "Go over and see about a retainer." Well, I ended up with a full-blown set of braces. I may not look like the Taz, but I sure felt like him yesterday. Today is much better. Actually, my braces look just like his. Even though David and I have great dental insurance, it doesn't cover braces if you're over 20. ( I think that's called age discrimination!) Anyway, invisalin wasn't an option for me, and the cute ceramic brackets were an extra $600! Yikes! Since I only have to wear them a year, I opted to send my $600 to Heidelberg and go with the fabulous totally metal sets. So, I may be 50, but right now I have the mouth of a 12 year old. Maybe I'll be brave and post a photo soon! P.S. To all of my 20 and 30 something nieces and nephews.....wear your retainers...My ortho says the new recommendations are that you wear your retainers at night for....LIFE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, Martha, I can't wait to see you next!
    Did you pick pink and red rubber bands for Valentine's Day? Does your class love your new look? All the best, SIL!

    ReplyDelete