

You know, I really love brothers. I mean, I have a great one myself. He always did his best to torment and torture me, but all in all, he's a great Guy (get it?) I've often wondered what I missed not having sons. Then I really started thinking. Not only do I not have sons, but none of my siblings or David's siblings has more than one son. So, for much of my life, my only real knowledge of how two or more brothers operated was listening to my dad tell about life with his SEVEN other brothers. Anyway, I finally got a real taste of how the double brother thing works. It started when Phil came and decided to take the antenna off our roof. He'd been thinking about it for a year or two, but on this weekend, he decided to do it. David was not interested in helping out at first. Amy and I were on hand to document the whole thing with photos and calls to 911 already preprogrammed in the phone. Phil suited up in a nifty little harness thing, hoisted himself up on the roof, and started sawing. David eventually came out to watch and in his best big brother tone told Phillip what he was doing wrong. As you can see, David ended up on the roof assisting. It actually turned into a fun BIG boy playtime as the antenna got stuck in the tree and a variety of saws, ropes and contraptions were required to get it down. Amy, Molly, Winston, Maggie and myself brought lawn chairs down from the porch, made tea, and invited all the neighbors to watch since the antenna antics began drawing a significant crowd. Short story? The antenna came off the roof (more or less) in one piece. More importantly, the big boys came off the roof in one piece. Long story? I learned that brothers are like puppies. If you have more than one, they are about ten times more likely to get into trouble than if they were by themselves. So, cost of antenna to Phillip, nothing. Cost of entertainment by crowd, priceless.
Sure am sorryI missed all the entertainment!!!
ReplyDelete