Well, year 26. It's done. Over. Finished. Fini. It's hard to believe I have taught school this long. It's really remarkable to me because every September it's a new beginning. It's just like starting again. I haven't done anything for 26 years in a row, except breathe! I can't believe I have it in me to stick with anything this long. I've been a sister my whole life, an aunt for 31 years, a student for 19 years, married for 20 years (this time:), been a mother for (nearly) 19, ...you get the idea. I have taught school over half of my life! YIKES!!! I've been teaching sooo long that now parents are asking me, "Mrs. Loar...How much longer do you think you'll be doing this?" That line always cracks me up...."doing this," like I might be involved in some type of nefarious or shady occupation. Anyway, the answer.....until it quits being fun. Until it quits being rewarding. Until I no longer have the passion and excitement to teach. When September rolls around I'll be there.....one more time.
I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge--
That myth is more potent than history.
I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts--
That hope always triumphs over experience--
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death.
Robert Fulghum
You're a damn good teacher - and you've been a better sister!
ReplyDeleteLove you.
Congrats on another school year completed. It takes a special person to be a teacher!
ReplyDelete